Sunday, June 3, 2012

Dasom Yoo/trip/Wed34

Unforgettable Experience on the Bus

 

I went travel to Suzhou, China with my aunt 5 months ago. The things I remember the most of it was how I got to Suzhou. It is about a bus my aunt and I took to reach our destination. The bus was unforgettable. I have never seen this kind of bus in my life. It was a bed-bus which had size of two-story bus and contained about 30 beds. It was good transportation for us because we had to take bus for 12 hours, 5 pm~5 am, to get to Suzhou. So I did not have to suffer from sitting on the seat for half a day. I spend most of hours on sleeping and watching movies. An hour before we reached our destination, I sensed that something was wrong. My aunt was talking with the driver, and she looked confused. I asked her what was going on and she said that the driver is going to drop us in the middle of highway. We knew before we took the bus that we had to get off the bus because the destination of the bus was not Suzhou. The bus was on the way to Hangzhou via Suzhou. So we thought that the bus was going to stop at the bus station in Suzhou. But instead, we were standing there, middle of highway near expressway rest area around 4 am. And the worst thing was that it was raining and we did not have umbrella with us. But luckily, there were two other passengers who got off from the same bus and they offered us a ride. They had a friend with a car waiting for them. Thanks to them, we did not have to shiver with cold and got to our hotel safely.

1 comment:

  1. From Miyeon Kim

    That's a really unforgettable experience! Even though I can't imagine how you were embarrassed then, it must be also a good experience. But I don't fully understand one thing: Wasn't there a bus station near expressway? Was it just wayside?
    It would be better if you add more information about that. Good work!

    ReplyDelete