Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Jung Min / Meeting Family Matters / Introduction to English Writing(1), Wednesday 11a.m.

Meeting Family Matters

 

When I think about my childhood, I could only think up about playing with my friends or throwing tantrums at my parents to buying me a shiny new toy. Although a bit embarrasing, those thoughts consisted of 90 percent of my childhood memories, except for one incident which was the time I met the cast of my favorite TV show, Family Matters. This TV show was a popular family sitcom and to be honest, if you were a 90's kid and living in America, there was no chance that you could have not heard about this show. The show was consisted of mainly African-American characters with having simple plots, but had it's own unique comedy routine which was a huge hit for children at my age back then. The show was mainly filmed in Chicago which was a long way from the state I lived in, but for a new scene, they filmed an episode right near my house. I can still remember the excitement I felt when I got to see them in person for the first time in my life. One of their main characters Jaleel White, or in the show mainly known as "Steve Urkel", was my favorite character and he actually waved to me as he walked down the streets to the filming crew. That was the most exciting moment I ever had when I was a kid, but it wasn't over. After they had shooted the whole film in three days, they had some spare time left to stay at my neighborhood, so the filming crew decided to let the casts interview some people on how they thought about the show. I prayed the whole time hoping that they would pick me, and to my surprise, Jaleel White actually looked at me and said, "I remember you, do you want to take an interview?" This moment nerver left my head since I was overwhelmed with excitement and almost cried  because I was able to talk with my favorite TV show character in person. Although I had some other good memories as a kid, the time I met the characters of my favorite TV show outweighs any other moments from my childhood.




No comments:

Post a Comment