Monday, June 4, 2012

Kang Dong Hoon / A special memory from childhood / 11A.M.

201100014 Kang Dong Hoon

My missing dog

 

 I keep a dog for more than 10 years. Her name is Amelie and she's a precious family to me. Her breed is Cocker Spaniel, famous for ducking, so she always yearns for walk. One day, when I was about 15 years or so, my dog Amelie disappeared. I came back home from school, and unusually, my dog was not welcoming me. At first I had no regard. I thought she was having a nap under a bed or something else. But when my sister came back she said Amelie was missing. She said she came home and she forgot to close the door. She found out a few minutes later that Amelie was missing. My sister thought Amelie went out so she ran out home quickly to find the dog. But Ameile was nowhere. My sister guessed the way she would go and asked passersby if they saw a dog. Some people said that they did see a dog walking alone. So my sister hurried up to find the dog to the way people told her. However she could not find Amelie. She was embarrassed because the road before my home was always crowed with cars and my dog could easily hit by a car. Then she asked at security office situated at the gate of my neighbor apartment. Surprisingly the officer told that he did see a dog walking alone and according to him a car stopped and took my dog. He considered it strange so he took a memo of the car's license plate. So my sister took the memo and called the police to get the driver's telephone number. My sister and I got the number from the police and we called him. Fortunately the driver said he did take a dog because it seemed missing and he said it was Cocker Spaniel. So my parents went to take back Amelie. The first moment I knew my dog was missing I was really sad but thanks to the officer and the driver I could see my dog again safely.

 

1 comment:

  1. From Miyeon Kim

    You have very good neighbors! In the process missing and taking something back again, we realize how precious it was to us. I like your essay because it reminded me of that valuable thought again.
    And, there is a thing need to be changed, in the fifth line, "having a nap under a bed or something else" into "having a nap under a bed or somewhere else."

    ReplyDelete