Sunday, June 3, 2012

Hyejin Kim/Narrative Paragraph/Wed 11 a.m.

Valuable Challenge; Volunteering

 

 

201001006 DIS

Hyejin Kim

I have read many books since childhood thanks to my mother who encouraged me to learn true knowledge through reading books. Especially, I liked the autography of Biya Han who is a famous aid worker in Korea. She taught me there are millions of people who need other's help and I can be the one who volunteers for whole world in my own way. In spring semester, 2010, I started volunteer work for young students. I taught Science to middle school students and also studied science every week and had meeting with other teachers to teach them in much easier way. I participated in making our own Science textbook with other teachers for students, too. I would face many barriers to interact with each student, because I could not understand what they were feeling and they also did not understand why I reacted in that way. As time goes by, I realized that I kept enforcing them to do in the way I easily took control them without changing myself. And then, I tried to understand them sincerely and changed my way to act. After three months, my volunteering period ended. At the last day, my students wrote letters for me, took picture of me, and promised to study hard. They taught how to communicate with others to me, while I taught Science to them.

 


1 comment:

  1. I was moved by your writing in two reasons. First one is the subject you taught to students. It was science, honestly i don't have many scientific common sense. Also you might be same in first. However you tried to improve yours and it worked. And Hyejin, actually i don't know you well, but your writing always gave me some kinds of motivation. Thank you, and good luck to your life!

    ReplyDelete