Sunday, June 3, 2012

Sehee Hwang/A Special Memory From My Chidhood/Wed 11AM

Sitting Down On The Couch While Sleeping
 
When I was in elementary school I used to love playing soccer. I spent most of my break times on playing soccer outside but I had to stop playing soccer for 10 days because of an accident. One day, I was playing soccer with my friends as always. It was lunch break so there were hundreds of kids playing on the ground. There were more than 20 balls rolling on the ground. It was like a chaos so I had to look for the ball among those kids. Finally, I found my ball and I was running toward it and suddenly, I saw another ball flying toward me in a split second. It hit my right eye so hard and I felt the pain coming to my eye. It was very painful so I had to cover my face with my hands. The kid who kicked the ball came to me and said sorry. He didn't see me coming becase it was such a mess. After the pain was gone, I looked up the sky and it was very weird. The sky was yellow and I couldn't see it clearly. I was so scared because I thought I might lose my sight. I ran to the nurse's office immediately and the nurse said I needed to go to the hospital. In the hospital, the doctor diagnosed me and said there was bleeding inside my eye. Fortunately, there was no problem with my eye sight. However, he said it would take some time until the bleeding stops and settles down. He said if I move, the blood would spread inside my eye again so I had to sit down and do nothing. Even when I am sleeping, I had to sit down. I did it for 10 days. It was a nightmare. I can tell this special memory with a laugh now but at that time, it was the longest and most uncomfortable 10 days in my life.

1 comment:

  1. Your story grabbed my attention. The details helped me visualize your situation more clearly and I could see why this would be considered as a special memory to you. If I were to make one advice, I would suggest that you focus on one aspect of your story. I can see that you want to put more emphasis on how uncomfortable it was after the accident, and it would make your writing more interesting if you added more details to that part of the story.

    ReplyDelete