Saturday, June 9, 2012

SeungYoung Yu / A embarrassing incident / Wed 11AM

My first class as a teacher

 

 I can still remember a small incident that helped me relax on my first day of teaching in a academy a few years ago. I was twenty-four years old at the time, and I had not graduated from university. The practice teaching that I had done for 3 years was very different from teaching my own class. When I walked into the room, I was very nervous. I carefully put my books down on the dest. Then I heard a girl say something in Korean to another classmate. I speak Korean, so I understood her perfectly when she told her friend to look at my hands. She said "Look how his hands are trembling," and she was right. Neither of the two girls knew that I could hear that. When I smiled a little, the first girl started to laugh because she realized at that mement that I heard that. It seems like such a silly thing now, but the humor of the incident really helped me relax on the first day of my career.

No comments:

Post a Comment