Monday, June 4, 2012

Lee Sanghoon / How I met my best friend / Wed 11am

  I met my best friend when I just entered high school. Our school had a kind of membership training before even an entrance ceremony. It was designed to let freshmen have a foggy idea on high school life in advance. We stayed 3 days in a training center, and there was a lot of time vacant as the schedule itself wasn't that tight. We didn't know each other, of course. But there was a ball, and a court, so we played basketball whenever it was available. I saw my best friend there for the first time. He was just one out of ten, players. He wore a cap, and his movement was rough, enough to associate a robot. His first impression was not that good. I didn't think he and I would make best friends as he looked too cool-headed. It's kind of ironical that we became intimate in earnest playing basketball about 6 months later, on one Sunday afternoon. We had hardly talked to each other since the very first meeting until then. Bored in a dorm room, he suggested me who was almost only one left in the dorm during the weekend to play basketball with him, and that made us the best friend. We wouldn't even know each other well without the day. And it's interesting that meeting him for the first time and being best friends both involve basketball. He doesn't still know I don't really enjoy basketball.

2 comments:

  1. Guys can be friends with others easily with the sports. I made many friends playing basketball or soccer too.
    Anyway, you only mentioned about the very first meeting with your best friend and the fact that you two played basketball on weekends together and became best friends. I'm curious how you two could get so close while playing basketball even though you didn't really enjoy it. Please explain more.
    Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I like about your writing is your detailed explanation how you guys met each other. I also had that kind of relationship; a friend seemed absolutely contrary to me is now one of my best friends. What I thought that lacked in this writing is an episode after you two guys became friend. I want you to tell more.

    ReplyDelete