Sunday, June 3, 2012

Geun-Hong Kim/How I Met My Best Friend/We​d 11am

Geun-Hong Kim

Professor Jon Bahk-Halberg

Introduction to Academic Writing (1)

June 6, 2012

 

How I Met My Best Friend

 

             When I was 12 years old, I met my best friend for the first time. While I was walking in the hallway, there was a person who was walking toward me. She wore the same clothes so I couldn't help but recognize her. She also looked at me weirdly and we just said hello only for the reason we wore the same clothes even though we didn't know each other. It was really unusual experience so I laughed off and forgot about her. Then a few days later, I went to the church because of my mother's continual nagging. After attending mass, there was a Catholic doctrine class for young students and I took it for the first time. There were about 20 students in the class I felt really awkward. Teacher said get the textbook out but I didn't bring anything because I didn't even know there was a class. Teacher said look at the textbook with a student sitting way in the back then I saw her, I noticed she was the girl who I met in the hallway. I already felt like she was my best friend even if I didn't know her name. However, we just said hello and took the class without saying anything. I didn't even ask what her name was or which class she took. I thought it was odd and smiled away again. Then when I reached 13, the new semester started. I didn't know anyone but my new classmates seemed very nice. And there was her, the one who I met in the hallway firstly, and in the church for the second time. I felt funny and weird but approached her and eventually said "Hi, I'm Geun-Hong. What's your name?" Then we became best friends and ten years have passed since then, we are still best friends.

 

1 comment:

  1. Your story sounds like as if it happened in a romance film. Did just meeting her at school and church make this experience special, or was there something else about her that made it somewhat more special? Maybe add a bit more detail about your friend? :)

    ReplyDelete