Sunday, May 20, 2012

Dasom Yoo/my english teacher/Wed34

 

My English Teacher- MR. Sunny

 

We meet a lot of teachers in our life. Some are good and some are bad. One teacher I really liked is my English teacher I met at Institute when I was 15 years old. We called him Sunny Sam –sam is short for teacher in Korean-because his name was Sunhee and the pronunciation was similar to sunny. The one reason why I liked him so much is that he was always cheerful and fun to be around. He gave all of his students their nicknames and that made us laugh and feel closer. He called me a plump since I had chubby cheek and called one of my friend antennae because she had two spots in her forehead look like feelers that insects have. The other reason is that he was the best English teacher I ever had. He had his way of teaching English, especially he taught us how to memorize vocabulary easily. He made a sentence with the meanings of the word that makes sense. For example, he told us to memorize the meaning of the word 'stable' as "There is a stable stable." You know that 'stable' means steady and safe or means a place where horses stay. This made us remember meanings easily and longer. Thanks to him, I memorized many words without difficulty and still remember the meaning as he taught me.

1 comment:

  1. What i liked in this paragraph was that i could understand why you love your teacher, especially explaining his nickname. But "Sam –sam is short for teacher in Korean-", that sentence is looked don't need, because the teacher looked be better than "Sam", Korean are easy to understand but other foreigner may feel some toughness for understanding that words.

    ReplyDelete