Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Geun-Hong Kim/How to Wash Your Dog/Wed 11am

Geun-Hong Kim

Professor Jon Bahk-Halberg

Introduction to Academic Writing (1)

May 9, 2012

 

How to Wash Your Dog

 

I have two dogs in my house and I always have a trouble with washing my dogs. And then I think there must be a lot of people who have the same problem, so I want to introduce my own tips for washing dogs.

First, you have to notice that almost every dog doesn't like being washed so you have to make your dog think the bath time is fun. For example, you can give your dog a small doggy snack like gum or cookie after the bath time. Then, wear any clothes that you don't have to worry about getting dirty, get your dog into the bathroom, and make sure the door closes because dogs can sneak out during the bath time. It is also good way to put your dog in a tub. Turn on the warm water, wet your dog, and apply an appropriate amount of shampoo. You should use shampoo for dogs, not a normal shampoo for human which can make dogs' skin dry. When you apply shampoo, you have to pay particular attention to keep it away from your dog's eyes and ears. And nicely scrub its body with your fingers from head to tail. Then run the water again and rinse your dog until the suds are totally removed. You should be ready to turn your head away anytime because dogs want to shake in order to water off their fur. Turn off the water and dry your dog with big and nice towel which is only for your dog. No matter how you love your dog you may not want to use towel which is covered with its hair. If possible, do not use a hair dryer because dogs are terrified of it. Finally, brush your dog and give some snacks as a compliment.

1 comment:

  1. I like your introduction part because it shows clarly why you chose this subject. Actually I don't have a dog, but I could picture how it goes. For improvement, I suggest this:
    1. You can add time order words more such as first, next, Later, after that, and so on.
    2. I cannot get this, "because dogs want to shake in order to water off their fur." Does it means that "Dogs want to remove water from their fur"?

    ReplyDelete