Sunday, May 20, 2012

Kang Dong Hoon / Teacher / Wed11A.M.

201100014 Kang Dong Hoon

 

My Best Teacher

 

 We meet a lot of teachers in our life. Some are good and some are bad. One teacher I really liked. He was my homeroom teacher when I was on the first grade of my high school. He taught PE and he actually was a judo player. You can see how much strict and scary he was. He was harsh on every student including me. But he helped me developing myself. All the students were assigned their classes by their middle school grade. Honestly my middle school grade was really poor. About 520 students entered my high school with me and my grade fell behind even the half. The first day I entered my high school, we had a test to classify students for class by achievement level. It was math and English test. Surprisingly I got the first. Every student noticed at me. Some students that knew about me thought that I cheated, but most of the students didn't know at all about me so they thought I was a top student. I was proud of myself. My homeroom teacher believed me but he didn't compliment me. Instead he said that it was not my genuine grade so I should not be proud of myself. He said that I should study harder to meet other students' heightened expectations. But I failed. I got really poor grade at the first mock test. My teacher exposed my grade at the end of class to every kid in my class. I felt ashamed and humiliated. I felt extremely hatred on him for a moment. Many students started to backstab that I cheated at the last test. Few days later my teacher told me the reason why he disclosed my results to every student in my class. He thought that I can do much better but I didn't believed myself and stopped trying. I was ashamed at the fact that I felt pride and settled for the last test result even though that wasn't my real ability. After that day I tried my best to come up to my teacher's expectation. I never got the first place again. However I really studied hard and that effort showed at my grade. I think this was thanks to my teacher's belief on me. This is why Mr. Kyung is the best teacher to me.

1 comment:

  1. Your example is very clear and understanbable. And I like your essay because I wrote about my PE and homeroom teacher,too.
    However, there is one thing I cannot understand:
    "He taught PE and he actually was a judo player. You can see how much strict and scary he was."
    Was he strict and scary just because he was a judo player?

    ReplyDelete