Sunday, May 20, 2012

Geun-Hong Kim/My Favorite Teacher/Wed 11am

Geun-Hong Kim

Professor Jon Bahk-Halberg

Introduction to Academic Writing (1)

May 23, 2012

 

My Favorite Teacher

 

             We meet a lot of teachers in our life. Unfortunately, every teacher doesn't give you a valuable lesson. Some are good and some are bad. And frankly speaking, it is hard to find good teachers, and not everyone gets a chance to meet a teacher who inspires and leads you to be a better person. There is one teacher I really like. He is a journalism professor and I am taking one of his classes this semester. It was last semester when I first met him. Before the class started, my friends scared me that he was strict and gave a ridiculously large amount of assignments. I really wanted to drop his class but I decided to accept the challenge. At the very first class, he looked strict and touch like my friends' saying. He gave us an assignment and explained about what kind of subject he would teach for the rest of the semester for 3 hours even though it was the first class. Therefore, I can't tell his first impression was really good. However, I had to admit I was wrong. It turned out he was the best teacher. He taught us well and helped us learn not only journalism but also other things too. Until I met him, I had never thought that journalism was fun and interesting subject. In the most of journalism classes, I learned only about the history of journalism and how to write articles. Eventually, I lost my interest in studying journalism. I didn't care about politics or journalism and thought all sorts of things were just boring. But now, I could never love it more. He puts journalism, which is really difficult subject to me, in simple terms. We have discussed journalism in a practical way at various times. He gives me a new perspective on journalism and the world where I live. Moreover, He is nice and cares about all of us. For example, he tries to catch up with us during the break time. And he likes to talk with us and listen to our opinions attentively. I feel he treats us with respect because he uses the honorific form of language during the class. I can't tell his class is full of wit and humor but I feel I really learn something. I think I am turning into a better person. I am glad he is my teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment