Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Geun-Hong Kim/The Best Place to Live in/We​d 11am

Geun-Hong Kim

Professor Jon Bahk-Halberg

Introduction to Academic Writing (1)

May 30, 2012

 

The Best Place to Live in

 

             I think the best place to live in is Honolulu, Hawaii. After I spent two weeks in Honolulu, I became to love living there. First of all, the weather is perfect. It always warm all year around about 75F to 88F and mostly sunny so you don't have to wrap yourself up in many clothes in order to warm yourself up. And even if it rains, it would last for a few minutes, so it isn't going to bother you. Actually, once I was walking the street, suddenly it started raining so I really didn't know what to do because I didn't have any umbrella. But it didn't continue for longer than a few minutes and rained mildly. In addition, there are beaches everywhere in Honolulu. If you are awfully hot and drenched with sweat during the summer days, you can just take off your clothes and jump into the sea. Or if you get stressed out too much because of your work, study or personal relationship, you can just put aside the problems for a while and take time to straighten up your thoughts while swimming. Moreover, you can do every thrilling water sports like snorkeling, sailing, windsurfing, water-skiing, and scuba diving. Especially, Honolulu is really famous as one of the best surf spots so you can do wind surfing or just watch skillful surfers. Also, the whole island is the perfect place to spend a vacation. Many people think Honolulu is just a vacation spot but, on the other hand, it means that the island knows for sure how to make you feel happy and special every day. Living in Honolulu seems like having a vacation every day. There are fantastic fireworks every week in the summer. The people are friendly and kind. Life is in Honolulu is very slow so you just can be laid back and relax. You can forget some problems which are bothering you. Nobody cares if you don't wear proper jacket or shoes. You can go everywhere in your thong. For these reasons, the best place to live in is Honolulu in my opinion. One day, if I have a chance, I really want to live there.

1 comment:

  1. I’ve never been to Hawaii, but just reading your essay about life in Honolulu, I can see how entertaining living there is. Your explained why life in Honolulu interests you and it was so vivid that it made me sad at my state, sitting in the library preparing the finals. I think your writing was generally good. The one I can suggest is to list the reason of opinion in the order of relation.

    ReplyDelete