Friday, May 11, 2012

Min Ho Jung/ Special Gift/ Wed 11 AM

Choosing a Special Gift for a Special Someone

201101227 Min Ho Jung

     I always face a dilemma when buying a gift for someone I love. People may say that the content does not matter when it comes from the heart, but we know that this is not true in reality. There is a difference in liking the present out of thanks and truly liking the present. After countless struggles and headaches, I have found a simple strategy that will help pick a present that the receiver will like.

     To begin with, find out their needs. Useless presents are always a burden on the receiver. They will want to keep the present out of thanks, but will not be able to find a use for it and the present ends up hidden somewhere untouched. On the contrary, useful presents are one of the best presents one could receive. For instance, on my 16th birthday I received a small leather pouch which I found to be of great use. It is durable, and never goes out of fashion because it is black and simple.

     In addition, you should know the taste of the receiver. It is important that you know what the receiver likes and dislikes when choosing a present. Even if the present is useful, if it does not match one's taste it becomes useless. For example, I received a perfume on my birthday. I love perfumes, but the scent was too strong for me and not my taste. The perfume ended up in my bottom drawer.

     Choosing a gift is a tricky task, but if you consider the two things I have mentioned above: usefulness and taste, it is likely that the person you love will truly like the present.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment