Sunday, May 13, 2012

Geun-Hong Kim/How to Buy Special Gifts For Friends/Wed 11am

Geun-Hong Kim

Professor Jon Bahk-Halberg

Introduction to Academic Writing (1)

May 9, 2012

 

How to Buy Special Gifts For Friends

 

             Usually, I don't follow any certain steps to buy a gift for my friends but I have to admit that it is much easier to follow steps and I want to introduce how I bought gifts for my friend. First, you have to think what your friend needs. I wanted to buy gifts for my friend who studied in U.S. When I call her, she always talks about the things she wants to do here and the food she wants to eat, and a lot of stuffs she needs but she can't buy there. Then, I decided to buy something for her that she can never find anywhere in U.S. like cosmetics made in Korea. And another reason for buying gifts for her is to surprise her. She lives alone in the country which is far, far from her sweet home. I'm sure she misses her country, family, and friends. So I wanted to send her something that could remind of her home. Second, you should check your budget. If you want to buy something which costs an arm and a leg for your friend but your budget is not that big, you should seek compromise. Therefore, you should have how much money you can spend in mind. Then, choose a present. This is the most important step definitely. Go to store and choose a gift that you want to buy for your friend. It is helpful to take someone with you, because he or she will give you an advice. Since it is cheap and convenient to shop online, you can go online to buy gifts. But I recommend you to check the gift offline before you buy it online. Finally, wrap the gift nicely. It is important because the first thing that your friend will see is not the gift but a sort of box which contains it. Do not wrap the gift with newspapers or just put it in a black, plastic bag. Unfortunately, I had to send my gift abroad so I couldn't decorate my gift box. However, if you can, make your gift box all pretty so your friend will wonder what kind of surprise in it. Through these steps, I bought nice gifts for my friend and she was really happy at my gifts. Later, I will use these steps again some other time I should buy a special gift for my friend.

1 comment:

  1. From Miyeon Kim
    Your paragraph essay is really good. I could totally focus on your essay due to your experience. And you put time order words properly.
    However, there is one thing that I cannot
    understand. According to your essay, I think she can easily predict what her present is, because she mentioned it before. Is there any surprise?

    ReplyDelete