Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Sehee Hwang/Steps For Choosing A Special Gift/Wed 11AM

Birthday Present for My Girlfriend
 
Last year, I bought running shoes for my girlfriend's birthday present. It was very successful because it was what she really wanted to have and it didn't cost me that much. First, about 3 weeks before her birthday, I listen carefully to what she says about what she needs to buy. When shopping, without realizing, she says about things she needs. I capture her speech and try to memorize it. In my case, it was running shoes. She said her running shoes were too old so she needed to buy new ones. After that, I google or ask my friends about the price and design of the running shoes. Then I make a list of particular models and pretend that I need to buy new shoes. I look around the shoe stores with her. I pick up different colors and design of shoes which was on the list and ask her if it looks nice on me. I could figure out which color and design she preferred during this process. Finally, I could buy the right shoes which was closest to her preference and both of us were very happy about it. I know these steps are not that easy to follow but if you really want to give something special to the people you love and make them pleased, this effort is affordable.

2 comments:

  1. I think it was very nice of you to actually figure out what your girlfriend wanted or needed by paying attention to her words. However, I think your paragraph could be improved if you change some of your words because the some word choices in the paragraph seem to be slightly different to the context. Also, if your use of tense is improved it'd be much better. Good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last year, I bought running shoes for my girlfriend's birthday present. It was very successful because it was what she really wanted to have and it didn't cost me that much. First, about 3 weeks before her birthday, I listened carefully to what she said about what she needed to buy. When shopping, without realizing, she said about things she needed. I captured her speech and tried to memorize it. In my case, it was the running shoes. She said her running shoes were too old so she needed to buy new ones. After that, I googled and asked my friends about the price and design of the running shoes. Then I made a list of particular models and pretended that I needed to buy new shoes so she would not notice I was going to buy her shoes. I looked around the shoe stores with her. I picked up different colors and design of shoes and asked her if it looked nice on me. I could figure out which color and design she preferred during this process. Finally, I bought the proper shoes which was closest to her preference and both of us were very happy about it. I know these steps are not that easy to follow but if you really want to give something special to the people you love and make them pleased, this effort is affordable.

    ReplyDelete