Monday, May 21, 2012

Kim Seong Yeol / Teachers / Wed 11a.m.

Truly good teacher

 

 We meet a lot of teachers in our life. Some are good and some are bad. Good teachers are who teach students well or be very kind to them and care a lot. On the other hand, bad teachers don't care about their students and act mean to them. And one teacher I really liked fulfilled all the factors to be a good teacher. She was my home room teacher of my second grade of high school. She was teaching Korean geography subject, and she taught us really well and furthermore helped us a lot about our worries as a high school student, such as studying problems or concerns about entering university. But moreover, the bigger reason I like her is that she really cared us a lot. At every last day of a month she prepared birthday gifts for the students whose birthday was on that month. She not only prepared presents but also wrote birthday cards for each of us. She understands our characteristics and wrote about it. For me she wrote "I'm happy to see you having good time playing soccer and hanging with your friends. Maybe that's why you always doze at supplementary lessons!" It made me smile bashfully, and at the same time I was grateful to her for caring even my habits. Actually she is chic and quite strict at ordinary times, but I never thought her as a cold-hearted teacher and rather felt warm and relieved. I really admire her and glad she was my teacher.

1 comment:

  1. I smiled at your writing because I know your teacher too. Many students liked her. Focusing on one small event by giving an example and quotation is really good. But in the introduction, it seems meaningless to mention bad teachers. It distracts cohesiveness because you write about a good teacher.

    ReplyDelete