Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Ka-yeong Kim / My Friend, My Teacher / Wed11am

 We meet a lot of teachers in our life. In my perspective, everyone can be a teacher, because we reflect ourselves by exploring others. There are many teachers who can be instructive, doing step by step as a book says. It can be helpful at sometimes, but I prefer to learn by practicing actually. In that case, working with teammates helps a lot. It's the best situation that you can learn from others and affect them at the same time. I realized everyone deals with works in their own way, even we don't know. When I have a meeting for processing the conference, there were 15 people who facilitated and 2 more people who managed the whole conference. It was too big group to communicate each other and we need to find an effective way to adjust all things. –asking outline of sessions, feedbacks and rehearsals. We need to show our self management skill. Timeline for each one is quite different, so we had to manage that with fresh mind. At that time, I couldn't manage well because I couldn't memorize all the things. One of my teammate, She was a great teach for me then. She gave instructions to fill out the schedule note and keep looking that. Moreover she checked me periodically, confirming whether I use that or not. From then, I use schedule note and become good time-keeper. I'd like to express my thanks to her for making me today as well.

1 comment:

  1. I see that your friend acted as a teacher in giving you good advices on doing certain things. I wasn't able to understand clearly what you meant by "reflecting ourselves by 'exploring' others". However, I'd have to agree with you on the point of "practical" learning rather than just theoretical learning. Anyways, good work :)

    ReplyDelete