Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Jung-Min / My University Professor/ Introduction to English Writing(1), Wednesday 11a.m.

We met a lot of teachers in our lives, whether from middle, high school, or even college. There were teachers who had great work ethics when teaching their students making them more ehthusiastic about studying, while there were also others who were too lazy even coming to class on time. One of the professors I met in my university, who's name was professor Yi, helped me to have a more broader view point when looking at the society. Since my major is Public Administration, the courses I take talk mostly about current events happening in the society, and I have a lots of chances in getting to know them. The problem was that most of the professors in my major teach the students directly, in other words the teachers do most of the talking while the students just listen. On the other hand, professor Yi was a teacher from the U.S. and unlike most typical Korean professors who lectures out the whole course, he let's the students talk and parcipate at most of the time. Because of this, when taling about current events, all the students participated and talked about how they viewed the issues and its outcomes. Since I was albe to hear more information and considering the thoughts from others, I was able to have a broader view point when looking at the society, thanks to professor Yi's teaching method. To this day, I still take his courses, and I always thank him for teaching me the valuable lesson on becoming more open-minded and having broader viewpoints when looking at the society.



1 comment:

  1. I like that you illustrated about your teacher's method of teaching. And you also gave example of teacher/professor with good and bad attitudes. And i totally agree with you.

    There are somethings you can add more.
    What are current events? It would be nice if you gave examples about them. And how did they change you to have broader view point? Also examples would help.

    ReplyDelete