Friday, March 9, 2012

Dasom Yoo/My Life Until Now/Wed11am

 

My Life Until Now

 

     I would say that my life until high school was quite same as other people in Korea. So I would like to begin with my high school. In 2006, I got into Seoul Foreign Language High School. English was my first major, and German was my second. I chose German because I had two choices, German or Chinese. But I am seriously poor at memorizing chinese strokes and that means I had only one choice to make. In addition I really enjoyed learning German, and you only learn basics in high school. It is quite similar to English, so it was easy to learn at the beginning. This also affected my major in university. Besides, I didn't want to waste my german after studying for 3 years, and also it was very interesting. And now, about the life in university I had so much fun for first two years. I joined student council in my department and became a representative of the freshmen and also a student president of the german department the very next year. I held many events and participated in many conferences. They were great experiences and became my assets. I learned to treat my juniors, seniors, and professors. Also I made a lot of new relations, so I get to meet at least one person in my class now. There is a place where I met my friends who helped me stand all hardships, it is my club Dondollari(돈돌라리). It is old korean meaning dawn. It is a club playing korean traditional instruments such as Janggu, Buk, Sogo, and Gong. The good thing about this club is there are many seniors by more than 4 years. They stood by my side no matter what, and helped me overcome my problems. And now, I am a senior and hope to do exactly the same thing to my juniors. I think this is all about my life so far.

2 comments:

  1. What i like about your writing was cutting your life before highschool. It was fresh to me.
    But it is too focused on the life in the university. If you wrote one or two sentence about before university, it could be better. Maybe. And your life looks full of activity because you are in student council and your club. It is hard to join two community.
    And Where you explain your student president,
    it is deficient in example. It's too short. and I don't know what you held.
    Writing one sentece about your life before the university and example of event will improve
    your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2nd draft

    My Life Until Now

    As my life was quite same as other people until high school, I will begin with my high school. In 2006, I got into Seoul Foreign Language High School. English was my first major, and German was my second. I really enjoyed learning German, because you only learn basics in high school. It is quite similar to English, so it was easy to learn at the beginning. This also affected my major in university. Besides, I didn't want to waste my german after studying for 3 years, and also it was very interesting. And now, about the life in university where I had so much fun. When I was a freshman, I joined student council in my department and joined the club Dondolari(돈돌라리). Thanks to that, I met a lot of nice people, and made new relationships. So I know at least one person in my new class now. And as a member of Dondolari, I had great friends who helped me stand all the hardships. They stood by my side no matter what, and helped me overcome my problems. And now, I am a senior and hope to do exactly the same thing to my juniors.

    ReplyDelete