Monday, March 26, 2012

Dasom Yoo/My valuable possession/Wed34

My Valuable Necklace

 

     Do you have something that makes you feel secure or safe?? I have one, it is my necklace. I got it from my mom when I was 13 years old. She also got it from her mother. It is a simple gold necklace with 2 ring pendants. The rings are small, and the colors are white gold and pink gold. I wear my necklace every single day, and never take it off unless I have no choice, for example, when I am in the hospital taking some medical examination. So I have been wearing this over 10 years. The reason why I am not taking this off is because there is nothing more than my necklace that makes me safe and secure. It feels like I am protected. It now became a part of me, so when I am not wearing it, I feel anxious and something is not right.

 

4 comments:

  1. Hallo :)

    A necklace has special meaning for you which you got from your mother. You explained enough how the treasure make you feel. I think you feel protected, for your 'mother' gave it to you. However, your paragraph could be improved if you add more descriptions about your item. It was easy for me to recall the image of your necklace because I really saw it in the class but other students might not get the image of it as they read a short descriptive part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way you express your feeling about your necklace. It is so strong that I can imagine how precious it is to you. By the way, it must be very old and I'm curious how they keep something for such a long time without losing it or breaking it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately, I don't have one that makes me feel safe and comfortable. :P Starting the paragraph by asking is really good to catch the reader's attention and makes your topic clear, I think. Also you describe your valuable possesion very well using the words like simple, gold, small, pink, and white etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Valuable Necklace

    Do you have something that makes you feel secure and safe? I have one, and it is my necklace. I got it from my mom when I was 13 years old. She also got it from her mother. It is a simple gold necklace with 2 ring pendants. The necklace itself is about 45cm long and is not that thick. The rings are quite small, and the colors of them are white gold and pink gold. I wear my necklace every single day, and never take it off unless I have no choice, for example, when I am in the hospital taking some medical examination. So I have been wearing this over 10 years. The reason why I am not taking this off is because there is nothing more than my necklace that makes me feel protected. It feels like my mom is always around me watching my back. So, when I am not wearing it, I feel anxious and something is not right. Now it became a part of me, and I cannot think of myself without my precious necklace.

    ReplyDelete