Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Joung Hwan Park / My life until now / Wed 11am

     I had a chance to experience two different cultures in my life. In 1997, during the Korean Economic Crisis, I moved to Australia with my family. We lived in Sydney, where I completed from Primary school up to High school. After graduating High school in 2005, my family and I decided to move back to Korea. While looking for a university in Korea, I was fortunate enough to be accepted in the E.I.T. Department at H.U.F.S. I took a break from university after the spring semester of 2007 and decided to gain some work experience before going to the Army. Hence, after working at an English Academy and Insurance company, I enrolled in the Army on May 13, 2008. After serving my time in the Army, I went back to university for just one semester and took time off again to gain work experience as a translator/interpreter at Samsung SDI. I worked until November of last year and I'm currently back in university studying as a junior.

3 comments:

  1. It could've been hard for you to experience two different cultures at such an early age but I think that experience became your competitive power. Maybe that's why you could have so many work experiences.
    You described your life in recent years. I'm really curious about how your life was in Sydney. It would be great if you could tell us little bit more about your childhood in Sydney.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I envy you because i have never been abroad and can't speak English fluently...
    I can only read....
    It is one of my problems.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for the late posting. I thought we had to actually hand in our second draft. So, here's my second draft. Sorry once again :(

    --------------------------------------

    I have experienced two different cultures in my life. During the 1997 Korean Economic
    Crisis, my family and I moved to Australia, where we lived in Sydney. After completing
    Primary (Elementary) school up to High school and finally graduating in 2005, my family
    and I decided to move back to Korea. While looking for a university in Korea the very next
    year, I got accepted to the E.I.T. Department at H.U.F.S. After studying for three semesters, I
    took a break from school in 2007 to gain work experience before going to the Army. Hence,
    after working for six months, I enrolled in the Army on May 13, 2008. After completing my
    service in March 2010, I went back to school only for a semester in order to take time off
    again and work as a translator/interpreter at Samsung SDI. I finished working in November
    of last year and I’m currently studying again as a junior.

    ReplyDelete