Sunday, March 18, 2012

Dasom Yoo/TV/Wed

TV: Could you live withou it?

 

Could we live without TV? Maybe yes or maybe no. Could I live without it? Absolutely not! And there are two reasons that I cannot live without it. First of all, it is because I relieve my stress by watching TV. Some people say that they relieve stress by working out or spending time with friends, but for me, watching entertaining program or dramas on TV is much better. I like to just sit in front of the big screen, watch the programs I like and laugh for no serious reasons. Watching TV on weekends is the only time that I feel free and get released from any stress. Second, for me, TV is more convenient on getting information than internet. For example, in the morning I am busy preparing to get dressed and to get to HUFS on time, so I don't have enough time to turn the computer on and check on the internet about the weather or the news whether subway line 1 is working fine or having problem. With TV, all I have to do is turn the TV on, listen to the news and get prepared at the same time. So if people ask me if I could live without it, my answer would be NO!

3 comments:

  1. I do totally agree with you.
    I like to watch TV every day!
    TV is the best interesting thing in the world!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I like about this piece of writing is that every supporting sentence is SUPPORTING your main point as it is followed by two reasons and specific explanations. Your main point seems that you cannot live without TV. Watching it, you relieve the stress and even save your time in a busy morning. These particular lines struck me as powerful: “Absolutely not!” clarifies what you want to say. After this line, the words flow along naturally. Also I liked this phrase: “the news whether subway line 1 is working fine or having problem.” How could one give that kind of example unless he or she never took the subway line 1? It is your daily-life own example. I am afraid that I have to say that there is no sentence or word which is not clear to me. I really like this piece of writing. If I read it once more, I might be sitting in front of a TV.

    ReplyDelete
  3. TV: Could you live without it?


    Could we live without TV? Maybe yes or maybe no. Could I live without it? Absolutely not! And there are two reasons that I cannot live without it. First of all, it is because I relieve my stress by watching TV. Some people say that they relieve stress by working out or spending time with their friends, but for me, watching entertaining programs or dramas on TV is much better. I like to just sit in front of the big screen, watch the programs I like, and laugh for no serious reasons. Watching TV on weekends is the only time that I feel free and get released from any stress. Second, for me, TV is more convenient in getting information than internet. For example, in the morning I am very busy preparing to get dressed and to get to the university on time, so I don't have enough time to turn the computer on and check on the internet about the weather or the news whether subway line 1 is working fine or having problems. With TV, all I have to do is just turn the TV on, listen to the news and get prepared at the same time. So if people ask me if I could live without it, my answer would definitely be NO!

    ReplyDelete