Sunday, March 11, 2012

Miyeon Kim / My Life Until Now / Wed 11 AM

My Life Until Now

- The best experience, highschool life

200900368 Miyeon Kim

Someone said, "Now is the best moment in my life." Of course, I couldn't agree more.

However, I also think everyone has the best moment or experience of whole life.  I believe the best moment of my life is highschool life. I have been in Geochang Highschool which is located in Geochang, South Gyeongsang Province for three years. Everytime I was there is the best. While most Korean students kept studying for Scholastic Aptitude Test, I could experience many things. For some examples, my friends and I formed an octet of singers. We enjoyed singing during the school festival held in September. When guests or alumni comes, we used to sing a song in front of an audience. At Christmastime, my octet members with a Santa suits sang our songs on the spot to raise charity fund. I found all performing in public were thrilling experience in itself.

 And I was a member of the school broadcasting club as a director. My club created a various program, found the new broadcasting approach, and we were tried to take part in other students in our show. Those things helped club members to improve creativity and production capabilities. Moreover, interaction with senior members and forming bonds were really exciting.

 The 56th student council which I was the member of started off in August, 2007. Consisting of 23 member, the student council did all the things related to the students including main festival (spring and fall) managing, and orientation for freshmen. Not surprisingly, there was a unique bond among the council members as a result of carrying out all things together everyday. I couldn't describe all the events and activities, but many school events were enough to make great memories for me. I am very thankful I could get wonderful times in my teen age. And I want to express thank to my parents for supporting me all the time.

3 comments:

  1. Eun bi Hwang

    What I like about this piece of writing is that you focus the topic on your high school days. So it is clear.

    These particular words and lines struck me as powerful:

    bond - it seems to be adequate word to express your friendship and happiness from shcool activities.

    I want to express thank to my parents for supporting me all the time. - As I had had similar experience, I felt sympathy toward this line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From Kang Dong Hoon
    What I liked about your essay is that the topic sentence and the supporting sentences are united. You think you had the best moment of your life when high school, and you organized why, really well; Octet, broadcasting member, student coucil. But the last sentence of your eassy isn't appropriate for a concluding sentence. It it off the topic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Revised the last paragraph

    The 56th student council which I was the member of started off in August, 2007. Consisting of 23 member, the student council did all the things related to the students including main festival (spring and fall) managing, and orientation for freshmen. Not surprisingly, there was a unique bond among the council members as a result of carrying out all things together everyday. I couldn't describe all the events and activities, but many school events were enough to make great memories for me. I am very thankful I could get wonderful times in my teen age. Now is the best moment of my life, of course, my high school experience is the best of the best until now.

    ReplyDelete