Sunday, March 18, 2012

Sehee Hwang/TV: Could You Live Without It?/Wed 11AM

Better off being without TV
 
    I am pretty sure we all can live without TV. Moreover, I think It would be even better to live without it because you probably would do something else more valuable than watching TV. For example, I read some cases on the internet and they were about a family who got rid of the TV. After getting rid of the TV, children began to read more books and they spontaneously had much more conversation than ever. In my case, I often make up my mind to read books or study my major rather than watching TV but I end up finding myself laughing in front of the TV. Watching TV is not helpful for people's health and mentality. It could worsen people's eyesight or affect children's brain development. Of course there are some good parts of TV. It gives lots of information, shows many things that people can't generally see and entertain people very effectively. However, even if there was no TV in this world, there are tons of other things and activities that can replace the good parts of TV. For example, there is the computer and the internet. You can do almost everything with the computer and the internet. And there is the sports. It is very entertaining not only just watching it but also playing it for yourself. It might be hard to live without TV at first, but people would soon realize they could actually live without it and it's better living without it.

3 comments:

  1. I do agree with the sentence 'It would be even better to live without it because you probably would do something else more valuable than watching TV'. When I'm highschool student, I used to watch only TV for long time. But my parents got angry with me watching TV for so long time, and got rid of TV in my house. After that I could focus on my study, and my grades improved.
    But I think the sentence, 'Watching TV is not helpful for people's health and mentality' is wrong. You can find some programs good for health and educations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get the first-second topic sentences are so powerful. You made it so clear about your point by saying so. It's also good to add examples to support them. I'm pretty sure you have strong points in your contents.
    I think it'd better you divide your essay into some paragraph, as far as I know this work is not about making A paragraph like last week. To make it one, it looks as if you found it hard to organize as I did. And one thing more, I don't think it's a good idea to mention the computer as an example to replace TV because it shares the bad points of TV, not for health.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am pretty sure we all can live without TV. Moreover, it would be even better to live without it because you probably would do something else more valuable than watching TV. For example, I read some case on the internet that was about a family who got rid of the TV. After getting rid of the TV, children began to read more books and the whole family spontaneously had more conversation with each other than before. In my case, I often make up my mind to read books or study my major but I end up finding myself laughing out loud in front of the TV. Laughing in front of the TV has no benefit for my life. It only wastes my time and worsens my eyesight. There are also good parts indeed. TV gives lots of information and shows many things people can't generally see. However, most of people find TV to be entertained. They are not likely to watch TV to look for information. People usually want to sit back and relax their bodies watching TV even if they don't have to. For this reason, I think TV makes people feckless so it might be hard to live without TV at first. However, people would soon realize they could actually live without TV and it's better living without it.

    ReplyDelete