Sunday, March 25, 2012

Miyeon Kim / My Unique Dress / Wed 11 AM

My Unique Dress

200900368

Miyeon Kim

At my age 7, I had a dress which was the only one in the world. It was made of Hanji, a traditional Korean paper, and I wore it to perform sign language. That dress was made by my youngest aunt, who had talent for designing something. It was very precious thing to me because of my aunt's work. Moreover, its color, soft pink, was my favorite color at that time, and showed the features of Hanji well. So I really enjoyed wearing it not only during the performance, but every time I practice.

The dress had a crease from the waist to the hem. And it had two bracelets as the parts of a dress set, the bracelets and Hanji dress was really nice match.

However, the dress had a crucial flaw; it was made of paper. Even though Hanji has a good quality, Hanji was only a kind of paper. After performing, I had to throw away my unique dress. That's because my passionate performance made the dress wear out. I wanted to keep it, but my mother didn't want to. After all, my Hanji dress couldn't belong to me any more. Though I don't have it now, I think the dress was the most precious treasure of mine.

1 comment:

  1. What I like in this paragraph is the unique of dress’s material. Hanji! What a surprise!, I can not imagine this. And at the last, throwing it away makes me really sad. Anyway. And there are detail process of getting it, so I can understand why it is precious to writer. But there are some sentence that I can not understand. First one is “,and showed the features of Hanji well”. It means that dress let a person know the feathures of hanji? I’m not sure it is correct. And the second one is after the first one, “So I really enjoyed wearing it not only during the performance, but every time I practice”. Is that means you always enjoyed wearing it? When you are in performance and practicing? I don’t know.

    ReplyDelete