Monday, March 26, 2012

Sehee Hwang/My Special Possession/Wed 11am

My Piano
 
     My treasure No. 1 is the piano. When I was 7 years old, my relative gave it to me for birthday present. It is a wooden and brown-colored upright piano. Upright piano is also called 'vertical piano' because unlike the grand piano, its frame and strings are vertical. I have been playing this piano since then. At that time, piano lesson was very popular among the kids in my age so my friends and I took lessons like the others. We took the lessons for few years together but gradually my friends felt bored and finally quit. On the other hand, I never felt bored when I played the piano and I continued to take lessons for 5 years. Even though I stopped the lesson, I kept playing. It's been almost 20 years. Almost everyday, I play the piano. Whenever I feel depressed, sad or glad I play the piano. This increasingly affected my life and my preference of the music. I bring my MP3 player everywhere I go and I go to the concerts very often. These days, I am working on to make short songs of my own. It is very difficult to make a song but I just started. I will keep working on that to achieve my goal of being a great composer. Thinking back, it was just a piano when it first came to me but now, it is my precious treasure. It is the most important tool to make my dream come true.

3 comments:

  1. I like your details about your instrument. Your explanation about its material, color, and kind was really eyeable. Actually, my piano is quite similar to yours. And your background information about the possession was very clear. And most of all, your dream is really great. I hope you to be a great composer, and I expect to hear your music someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the topic sentence is clear and you described the piano well. Also you explained in detail why it is so important to you. But it could be better if you combined the last two sentence, because it feels a little bit that you wrote about your dream, not about your special possession

    ReplyDelete
  3. My No. 1 treasure is the piano. When I was 7 years old, my relative gave it to me for birthday present. It is a wooden and brown-colored upright piano. Upright piano is also called 'vertical piano' because unlike the grand piano, its frame and strings are vertical. At that time, piano lesson was very popular among the kids in my age so my friends and I took lessons like the others. We took the lessons for few years together but gradually my friends felt bored and finally quit. On the other hand, I never felt bored when I played the piano and I continued to take lessons for 5 years. Even though I stopped the lesson, I kept playing. It's been almost 20 years. Almost every day, I play the piano. Whenever I feel depressed, sad or glad I play the piano. This increasingly affected my life and made me feel special about music. I like to listen to the music so much that I bring my iPod everywhere I go. These days, I am working on to make short songs of my own. It is very difficult to make a song because I just started but I will keep working on that to achieve my goal of being a great composer. Thinking back, it was just a piano when it first came to me but now, it is my precious treasure. It is the most important tool to make my dream come true.

    ReplyDelete