Sunday, April 22, 2012

201101227/Min Ho Jung/Wed 11AM

About Myself

201101227 Min Ho Jung

     I have always had a soft spot and thirst for change. Even when I was little, I would watch Aladdin and try to grow my hair long and black like Jasmine and ask my mother to braid my hair the same way. I got bored with the same things and constantly progressed forward to make changes. The ironic fact here is that I am terrified of change: of its instability and the uncertainty that it presents. However, this is the reason why I try to make changes. I want to face my fear and overcome it. I have always hated it when I had to face the weak, vulnerable side of myself. It made me feel worthless and exposed to the world. Thus, I persistently tried to present myself to unfamiliar situations and create changes not only to the outer part of myself, but my inner side as well. For instance, one of the most difficult changes I had made was having more trust in people and myself. For some inexplicable reason, I had difficulty opening my heart to people. It took me quite a while to open myself to someone, and I always acted awkward in front of people who I were uncomfortable with. I began to realize this when I entered high school and tried to change this. It was difficult, trying to trust and open myself up to people. I was badly hurt along the way and one incident caused me to completely shut myself from people. However, I gained courage from my family and friends and slowly gained recovery. I guess the big moment came when I finally realized the problem was that I lacked faith in myself. This acknowledgement made it easier for me to heal and change myself. I can't say that I changed completely. I have that side of me that still fear exposing myself to people. Nevertheless, I have made a great improvement and I am satisfied with that progress. Change is something that I will always yearn and strive for even as I grow with wrinkles and graying hair.

 

1 comment:

  1. I could see that you've been able to look back on yourself by reading your paragraph. I personally like change and have a positive attitude towards change in thinking that it will be for the better. Although the result might not be what you expected, I think you could think of it as a good experience and use that as a stepping stone in moving a step closer to your goal. One thing I'd like to mention is that the wording of your paragraph seemed complicated, which in a way made it repetitive and difficult to understand (some parts). Anyways, good work :)

    ReplyDelete