Monday, April 9, 2012

Eom Yuseong/A person who I admire/Wed 11am

A writer who I admire

 

Nami Horikawa, a person who I admire, is a Japanese illustrator and writer. She writes sentimental books in which texts and illustrations are in harmony. Most of her books have 50 to 60 pages and are the size of an adult's two palms. But the important thing is that these thin, small books touch my heart. She usually paints illustrations in soft and bright colors and they sometimes look like a water-color painting and sometimes a colored pencil drawing. For example, Watashi Wa Anata No Konna Tokoro Ga Suki shows a couple's daily life. They go shopping, have a meal, and drink tea together. Also the drawings painted in pastels are cute and so detailed that I do not have to read the texts meticulously. All of the sentences and delicate pictures together create a warm-hearted atmosphere which is peculiar to her books. After I read this book, I think of my beloved since it conveys a sincere 'love message'. Her works deal with normal, literally 'daily' situations and gain sympathy from readers. Everytime I pull out or just see them, I always feel happy and moved by mellow contents in her works. I think that she is a very admirable person because she knows exactly how to show her message in a tidy way and makes the readers smile all the time they read her books.

2 comments:

  1. What I liked in this paragraph is lively description of writer’s book. I can imagine that’s looking easily. But I can’t understand sentence that ‘I think of my beloved since it conveys a sincere “love message'.” Because it gives you love message, so you are feeling like beloved? I don’t know well, and other descriptions are very good but there are a few of why you admire that person. In my think, Just Nami gives smiles and sends message effectively is not enough to explain why you admire her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also enjoyed your depiction of the writer's book. I could grasp the sentiment you feel when you read her books. Your supporting sentences were well written, and I liked your content. One improvement I can suggest is that you add a specific example about how readers relate with the book.

    ReplyDelete