Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Kim Seong Yeol / About Myself / Wed 11a.m.

My biggest weakness - Laziness

 

 To be honest, I didn't want to admit myself as a lazy person. In fact, I wasn't that lazy when I was younger, and even if I sometimes acted lazy in the past I just regarded myself as relaxed. But recently I found out that I actually became a bit lazy and indolence. I plan many things to do, things like searching for part time jobs or studying for exams. However, quite many of my plans were not actually put to action, and I think this is because of my laziness. In the same manner, even if I had something to do such as assignments or studies, I just thought I had much time to do and didn't consider them seriously and put them back. As a result, I had to do my jobs just before the due day most of the times. One of my strong points what I think is that I concentrate well on things which is almost meeting the dead line or things which need to be done rapidly. But the problem is that my concentration is weak before it's running out of time. Because of my laziness I get much pressure doing things what I delayed urgently right before the due date. It's definitely not a good habit to delay what I can do right from now on. Luckily I am noticing my biggest weakness; laziness, so I'm trying to, and have to fix my harmful habit.

2 comments:

  1. What I liked about your writing is that you focus on one topic. I feel sympathy with your bad habit because my case is totally same as your's. It was also good that you mention your strong point and why it becomes weaker.
    However, the line 'One of my strong points what I think is that I concentrate well on things which is almost meeting the dead line or things which need to be done rapidly' is too long. Moreover, I could not understand well ' before it's running out of time. ' If you edit these points, your writing would be better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The strongest point of this piece of writing is, I think, that it can be read with a natural flow. Your main point seems to be that it is the problem that you became a bit lazy. This particular line struck me as powerful: "Luckily I am noticing my biggest weakness; laziness, so I'm trying to, and have to fix my harmful habit."- this is a good concluding sentence which restates the topic sentence and at the same time includes extra information. Also, I like the word "urgently" because it describes your "urgent" situation well. But I don't understand the line: "But the problem is that my concentration is weak before it's running out of time." The one change you could make is that you could add more specific examples to support your main idea. Personally, I got a feeling that you explain the same thing just paraphrasing.

    ReplyDelete