Monday, April 16, 2012

Eunbi Hwang / About myself / Wed 11 a m

About myself

- Reflecting my weakness -

 

 

    I always bear my goal, to do my best, in mind. So far I have thought that I am a person who has a strong will and makes a lot of effort to achieve a purpose. However, two small events in 2012 changed my thought and alarmed my weak point. As a sophomore, focusing on major and preparing an exchanging student program is important and necessary especially for me. So before starting new semester I took a class at Hackers Academy, an English Academy where people prepare TOEFL, with my friend. Actually it was hard because we had to wake up at 6 a.m. In spite of lack of sleep I believed in myself to study hard because I had to get high score until summer vacation. Shamefully sometimes I dozed off in the class and I scarcely did my homework. Just thinking how my TOEFL grades would become, I stocked class documents in the corner of my desk. As the semester started, I made a small team to win a prize for a project which was organized by LG. It required detailed and logical plan which develop Korean society. Sadly, team members had a little passion and initiative. I should have leaded them to run an outstanding idea by discussing a lot and encouraging ourselves. However, I gave up the project with self justification that our team members were not good. One of my friend who prepared same project in other team endured all burden and finally finished it. I was really shameful on me because I always had made my mind firmly in studying English and doing project at the beginning. This semester I did not keep promise to myself. But now realizing my weakness, I will endeavor to spend my time meaningfully by put into practicing plans.

 

 

 

 

3 comments:

  1. You seem to be very passionate and hard working student. I've done several team projects as a leader so I know how it feels when the team members are not doing their best.
    I can surely know that when you do some works you planned previously, things don't work out as you expected because of your weakness. However, it is little bit difficult to know what exactly your weakness is. It would be better if you define your weakness briefly. Good writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is hard to keep plans consistently. And everyone may have the same experience like you. But, as the previous student says, I also cannot catch what your weekness is. Is it your abandonment or what? You should use more specific word for this.
    And I think the following sentence is needed to be changed:
     I should have leaded ☞ led
    them to run an outstanding idea by discussing a lot and encouraging ourselves. 

    Thank you for sharing your work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. About myself

    - my valuable collection and special behavior in my childhood -

    I used to collect some special things or behave uniquely in my childhood. Although they would make my mother embarrassed, we sometimes look back on those happenings more pleasantly.
    One day I found a glittering thing on my way home. Attracted by its sparkle, I picked it up and merrily put it in my treasure chest. However, when my mother arranged my room and treasure chest, she was surprised at my valuables. It was totally rusty lock about the size of an adult's fist. She threw it away immediately because it seemed that there were a lot of germs. What's funny is that I didn't care about the absence of my possession.
    I used to play by myself with toy utensils. To drink tea with my imaginary friend, I filled the toy pot with water and poured it into a cup. One day I wanted to treat my friend to special tea so I floated 새우깡, apricot and finger-sized Korean snack. A few days later, my mother was totally startled after finding a big maggot in my pot. Actually it was a swollen 새우깡 and my new tea could not help but being thrown away.
    Entering into a kindergarten, I collected a lot of hairpins. Whenever walking the street with my parents, I didn't pass the stationery store and always bought new hairpins. Thanks to my cute greed, I was the fanciest girl in my classroom because I put twenty colorful hairpins everytime, entirely covering my hair like dense trees in the forest. Maybe I wanted to look pretty in front of a boy I liked.
    In addition to these stories, there were many happenings that provided my parents with funny experiences. I am grateful to them who encouraged me to imagine freely.

    ReplyDelete