Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Kang Dong Hoon / About myself / Wed11A.M.

201100014

Kang Dong Hoon

 

 Left-Handed

 

 I am a left-handed person. There is a study that the left-handed are creative. Then do I see the world differently? Maybe yes. I think I am creative and I like to imagine. From early childhood I enjoyed making things. I always had scissors in my hand, cut pictures that caught my eyes from magazines and did a collage. My childhood dream was always a job which is related with making new things. My first dream was a painter. So I attended a painting class for a year or so. Then my dream changed to a baker. But I naively chose this dream because I just loved eating cakes and I wanted to make cakes for me. I gave up this dream when I attended a baking class for a few weeks because it was pretty difficult than I thought. I also wanted to be a potter. I don't know when, but I saw a famous scene of the film Ghost, and the scene was about a couple making a pottery together. So when I was an elementary student I took a pottery lesson at lunch time in school. It was really interesting and I enjoyed it a lot. When I went to middle school I changed my mind to be an ad-maker. I had to make a collage for art class and I made an advertisement. It was an ad of adhesive and I wanted to show the adhesive strength. For this I cut the two hands doing finger kiss from the famous movie, E.T., and attached it to the famous paint of Michelangelo, The Creation of Adam, between the separated fingers of Adam and god. I got a good grade and this made think about an ad-maker. Right now none of the above is in my mind. I don't have a specific dream yet. But someday I think I might be doing a job which my left-handed creativity can shine.

3 comments:

  1. I like how you start your writing. Right handed caught my attention. You wrote it to show you are very creative and it worked! I also like you used the movie as examples. I could actually imagine the ghost scene in my head. This writing tells well how creative you are

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I like about your writing is your main point is clear and supporting examples are interesting. As I don't like make something at all, your story is more amazing to me. Also the balance between each examples is good.
    Especially it's powerful that the word 'shine' of "someday I think I might be doing a job which my left-handed creativity can shine.". Your hope of using creativity someday is well expressed.
    If you add your feeling during making and the reason why you enjoy making, the writing could be more better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 201100014
    Kang Dong Hoon

    Left-Handed

    I am a left-handed person. There is a study that the left-handed are dreamer. They like to make or figure out new things. In reality many artists or creators like Leonardo da Vinci or Isaac Newton were left-handed. Then do I dream like them? Maybe yes. I think I am creative. From early childhood I enjoyed making things and spend much time imagining. I always had scissors in my hand, cut pictures that caught my eyes from magazines or newspapers and made a collage. My childhood dream was always a job which is related with making new things. My first dream was a painter and I attended a painting class for a year or so. Then my dream changed to a baker. But I naively chose this dream because I just loved eating cakes and I wanted to make cakes for me. I gave up this dream when I attended a baking class for a few weeks, because it was pretty difficult than I thought. I also wanted to be a potter. I don't know when, but I saw a famous scene of the film Ghost, and the scene was about a couple making a pottery together. After watching the scene I was fascinated by pottery. So I took a pottery lesson at lunch time in my elementary school. I made bowls, angel and animals with clay. It was really interesting and I enjoyed it a lot. When I went to middle school I changed my mind to be an ad-maker. One day I had to make a collage for art class and I made an advertisement using collage method. It was an ad of adhesive and I wanted to show its adhesive strength effectively. For this I cut two hands doing finger kiss from the movie, E.T., and attached it to the paint of Michelangelo, The Creation of Adam, between the separated fingers of Adam and god. I got a good grade and my teacher gave me a good comment. This made me think to be an ad-maker for a long time. Right now none of the above is in my mind. I don't have a specific dream yet. I don’t know how much creativity I’ve got but I won’t stop challenging to the things my creativity can show. Someday I think I will be doing a job which my left-handed talent can shine.

    ReplyDelete