Sunday, April 8, 2012

Jung-Min / The person I admire the most / Introduction to English Writing(1), Wednesday 11a.m.

The person I admire the most (outside of my family) would be the hollywood actor Zac Efron. Some people would ask, "There are many hollywood actors who have dedicated to the society or have outstanding charisma or personalities, but why would you like a normal actor like Efron?" I don't admire Efron because of his personality or his acting, but I admire him because of his style or in other words, what he wears. First of all, I admire Efron because of his style, I was able to make a lot of money. I currently work at an online shopping mall, and as one of the managers, I have to design or think of new clothing lines to sell and Efron was just what I needed. Efron had this unique style which was very "vintage", but at the same time it also looked very "casual", and unlike most actors who wear clothes that are too burdensome for others to wear, Efron's clothes were something that anybody could wear. Because he gave me the idea of making good clothing lines, these days I'm really happy when I look at my bank account and my wallet. Another reason that I admire Efron is because of his style, he gave me more confidence. Before I knew about Efron, I just wore clothes that my mother bought me, which were too big and didn't fit me at all. This resulted into making people calling me a nerd or a geek, and it really took down my confidence and I didn't want to go to places where there were a lot of people when I was wearing clothes other than my school uniform. After I knew about Efron, I really liked his style, and I started imitating what he wore. As a result, I avoided the reality of being called a geek, which eventually gave me more confidence. To sum it up, Zac Efron's style didn't just helped me with my financial issues, but it also helped me gain more confidence to myself, I guess that's why I admire him so much.




1 comment:

  1. Your focus of the reason why you admire someone was interesting and personal. I could understand why you began to admire Efron for those reasons, and at the end of your paragraph I began to develop a liking for Efron myself :) Your paragraph made me relate to you because you explained the reasons with personal stories, and I liked it. If I could give youa advice on what you should do to improve your paragraph, I would say to add more details on the part where Efron helped you gain confidence.

    ReplyDelete