Monday, April 2, 2012

Dasom Yoo/sense of place/Wed34

Sima Veterinary Hospital

I have a place I like to go since I was 16 years old. It is called Sima Veterinary Hospital. It is a vet hospital of my aunt's friend. I used to go there to play with dogs and cats, and to feel relaxed. I like dogs and cats very much, and when I am holding puppies in my arms and touching that fluffy fur, I feel really relieved and peace. Whenever I open the door and get inside, I find three dogs barking loudly at me as a sign of welcome, and at the same time wagging their tails to show how excited they are to see me. And there is also a white Turkish angora cat with blues eyes wandering around gracefully as if she owns the place. Sometimes I sit on the chair in the left corner and play with them or watch dogs that are in the middle of the right side of the hospital behind the fence waiting for their owners to come after finishing their hair cuts. There are three rooms in the hospital in order of, a room for examination and consulting, a room for sick dogs, and a room for fur-cutting. I do not like to go inside the haircut room because of the noise of the cutting machine and the fur flying around the room and it makes me sneeze and my eyes red since I am allergic to dust and fur. Even though I am busy and have no time to go there, I still manage to spend some time in the hospital to see those dogs and cat.

3 comments:

  1. Veterinary Hospital? I like your selection of 'place'. It is really interesting subject, so I read it with curiosity. you must like cats and dogs to play with them despite your allergy! And lastly, your writing about colors of cats and dogs and sounds which were made in the hospital like barking, fur-cutting is well described.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's obvious that you utilized every sense that you could use. Starting from your general feeling about the hospital, sight of it, what you hear, etc. Things are well descripted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sima Veterinary Hospital

    I have a place I like to go since I was 16 years old. It is Sima Veterinary Hospital. It is a vet hospital of my aunt's friend. I used to go there to play with dogs and cats, and to feel relaxed. I like dogs and cats very much, and when I am holding puppies in my arms and touching that fluffy fur, I feel really relieved and peace. Whenever I open the door and get inside, I find three dogs barking loudly at me as a sign of welcome, and at the same time wagging their tails to show how excited they are to see me. And there is also a white Turkish Angora cat with blues eyes wandering around gracefully as if she owns the place. Sometimes I sit on the chair in the left corner and play with them or watch dogs that are in the middle of the hospital behind the fence waiting for their owners to pick them up after finishing their hair cuts. There are three rooms in the hospital in order of, a room for examination and consulting, a room for sick dogs, and a room sort of hair salon for dogs and cats. I do not like to go inside the haircutting room because of the noise of the cutting machine and the fur flying all around the room and it makes me sneeze and makes my eyes red since I am allergic to dust and fur. Lately I am busy and have no time to go there, but I somehow manage to spend some time in the hospital to see those dogs and cat.

    ReplyDelete