Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Eom Yuseong/About Myself/Wed 11am

I can't get enough of it


I have never been a fickle person. When I begin to like something, I am deeply absorbed and seldom become tired of it; for instance, I eat the same food day in, day out, addicted to its palatable taste. My mother cooked Miyeok Guk, Korean sea-mustard soup, for my birthday. I loved its slippery texture and fragrance like sesame oil. I poured it in many plastic bags to bring them to Seoul and ate it for several days in a row. Moreover, I read books again and again which I find impressive and great. For example, when I started to have an interest in the environment, I found a book named No Impact Man by Colin Beavan. His effort to save our single planet impressed me and I read the book more than 10 times. Even these days I am reading it once more before going to bed. Also, I enjoy listening to the same song non-stop for days on end. My favorite song is The Reason sung by Hoobastank. There was only that song in my iPod and I listened to it in loop everytime and everywhere; while I do the housework, have a meal, prepare to go to HUFS and so on. This habit still often astounds my family and friends, but I like my patience-not being bored of something easily.

1 comment:

  1. I can see how obsessive you are, i mean you are obsessive in good way. Your examples like a book, music and food really support your topic. I can see how deeply you are into something when you are into something. Your writing tells a lot. One thing i'd like you to change is the beginning part. I hope you make it more fluently when connecting the first and second sentences. Maybe more background. You can use contraction like ' I have never been a fickle person. I do not change my mind quickly. In fact, when i am into something i become absorbed to that thing.'
    Can you understand what i am saying? I hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete