Sunday, April 8, 2012

Sehee Hwang/A Favorite Piece of Art or Music/Wed 11AM

Seven Days in Sunny June - Jamiroquai
 
   One of my favorite artists is Jamiroquai. I really like his songs so I put every album in my iPod. Of all his songs, Seven Days in Sunny June is the one I like the most. When I first heard this song, I didn't know about Jamiroquai. I don't remember exactly when and where I heard it but I was very shocked at that time. I just stopped right away to listen to the whole song. I couldn't forget the song so I searched it on the internet. Finally, I found out that the title was Seven Days in Sunny June and the artist was Jamiroquai. At the beginning of the song, there is the guitar sound. Listening to the sweet guitar sound, I can see a guy lying on the white bench in the sunny beach and the seawater is right infront of him blazing because of the reflection of the sunlight. After that, the song starts and it feels like he is walking along the beach with his bear feet wearing white clothes, hat and sunglasses. This is the feeling when I didn't know the lyrics. After I realized the lyrics of this song was about a man and woman breaking up, it felt like the guy was walking as reminding the memory of the beach with the woman he loved. It feels very strange because while the melody is very relaxed and warm, the lyrics is not happy. Maybe the guy overcame his sadness and found peace in his mind. I highly recommend this song to the students in my class.

1 comment:

  1. One of my favorite artists is Jamiroquai. Of all his songs, Seven Days in Sunny June is the one I like the most. I was very shocked when I heard it the first time. I just stopped right away to listen carefully to the whole song. At the beginning, there is the guitar sound. Listening to the sweet guitar sound, I can imagine a guy lying on the white bench in the sunny beach and the seawater is right in front of him blazing because of the reflection of the sunlight. After the guitar sound, Jamiroquai starts singing. It feels like the guys is walking along the beach with his bear feet with white clothes, hat and sunglasses. This is the feeling when I didn't know the lyrics. After I realized the lyrics was about a man and woman breaking up, it felt like the guys was walking as reminding the memory of the beach with the woman he loved. It feels very strange because while the melody is very relased and warm, the lyrics is very sad. Maybe the guy overcame his sadness and found peace in his mind. Anyway, I highly recommend this song to everyone in my class.

    ReplyDelete