Monday, April 16, 2012

Dasom Yoo/ Myself/Wed34

               My self

- straightforward and honest-


     You are very straightforward and honest. Sometimes I like you for being outspoken, but sometimes you hurt my feeling by being direct. These are sentences that I hear a lot from my friends. Yes, I speak directly to people when they ask me an opinion on them. For example, when someone asks me how they look with their new hairstyles, I don't lie to them to make them feel better like "You look great! You look just perfect." Instead I say "It does not suit you. You are better with your last hairstyle." But my friends do not usually get upset, because they know whom they are asking at. They ask me to have an honest opinion on them. However, now and then some people who do not know me well hurt their feelings because of my honesty. Then my friends take my side and explain them that I have no offense on them. Also there are often situations that I cannot say frankly. In those cases, I usually do not mention anything because I do not want offend someone's mind. Then I just keep my mouth closed. I like being straightforward and being honest because I do not want to tell a lie, but sometimes I regret for being too direct and frank.

3 comments:

  1. What i liked in this paragraph was the first start spot. At first, i wonder why you write "you" instead of "I" but, after a few secondes, i know why you wrote that. anyway, it is not stiff to me. and write your strength or character from other's sight was good. but i think there are almost your friend's opinion, it will be better if you supplement other person's opinion like your mother or teacher and so on. because just your friends say like that, the reader might wonder is she always straightforward and honest between in that ages?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could clearly see your color while I read your writing. Your characteristic is stuck in my head. However, I wished that you had a specific anecdote on your certain characteristic that will make your paragraph more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Myself
    -Straightforward and Honest-

    You are very straightforward and honest. Sometimes I like you for being outspoken, but sometimes you hurt my feeling by being direct. These are the sentences that I hear a lot from my friends and acquaintances. Yes, I speak directly to people when they ask me an opinion on them. For example, when my friends ask me how they look with their new hairstyles, I don’t lie to them to make them just feel better like “You look great! You look just perfect.” Instead I say “It does not suit you. You are better with your last hairstyle.” I tell them the truth. But my friends do not usually get upset, because they know whom they are asking at. They ask me to have an honest opinion on them. However, now and then some people who do not know me well get their feelings hurt because of my honesty. Then my friends take my side and explain others that I have no offense on them. On the other hands, there are often situations that I cannot say frankly. In those cases, I usually do not mention anything because I do not want offend someone. Then I just keep my mouth closed. I like being straightforward and being honest because I do not want to tell a lie, but sometimes I regret for being too direct and frank.

    ReplyDelete