Sunday, April 29, 2012

Hyejin Kim/My favorite relative/Wed 11 a.m.

My Beloved Grandmother

 

201001006 DIS

Hyejin Kim

 

My favorite relative is my grandmother. She is in my hometown which is really far from here, Seoul. Since I was born, I had lived with my grandmother and she had raised me until I became a college student, as my parents were busy at work. So, she is like my second mother. She naturally taught me how to respect the elderly, how to take care of them, and how to communicate with them. Also my grandmother has sacrificed herself for me. For example, she had packed lunch for three years when I was a middle school student. She always made delicious food for me, saying that I was tired because of hard studying. Being a high school student, I was often irritated from a lot of pressure and acted rudely. But my grandmother understood all my faults and forgave me with love. Even now, she is constantly concerned about whether I have healthy food every day. Although I can't often call her these days, there are few things that I can do for her now, and I am so poor at expressing affection, I truly hope my grandmother to live so long time that I will be able to do a lot of things for her. I love my grandmother so much.

 

2 comments:

  1. What I liked in this paragraph is truthful message of your grand mother. I can know your love to grandmother easily, and it makes me think my grand mother, too. But some words makes me confuse. The forth line, “second mother” came to me like the step mother. Even I know that mean that you want to write, but second mother doesn’t look good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a suggestion - Why don't you state your hometown? Like this: She is in my hometown,(where), which is really far from Seoul. We are all know that here is Seoul, but have no idea about your hometown. If you are explain your hometown more, the readers can catch more about you and your grandmother.
    But I can clearly understand why you love your grandmother so much. And your grandmother is really good grandmother. I also hope you to have something more to do for her. Good work:)

    ReplyDelete