Monday, April 30, 2012

Kim Seong Yeol / The Worst Waitress / Wed 11a.m.

"This isn't what I ordered!"

 

 It was about 4 years ago when I met the worst waitress. Well, I wasn't the direct victim of her impudence, instead my friend was the victim, but her act was ridiculous enough for me to feel bad as my friend. She was the waitress of 'Kimgane kimbab' in Apgujeong. Me and my friends were studying at a math institute is Apgujeong, and the day I met the waitress, we went there to have a lunch. One of my friends ordered 'dumpling soup', but the waitress brought 'rice cake dumpling soup'. It was because the waitress misunderstood the order. Although it wasn't much different from what my friend originally ordered, which rice cake was just added, the real problem was the attitude of the waitress. She almost 'ordered' my friend to eat the wrong ordered menu, though it was more expensive than the original ordered 'dumpling soup'. My friend asked for remaking the original menu or pricing the wrong ordered 'rice cake dumpling soup' cheaper as 'dumpling soup'. However, the waitress rather talked unpleasantly to us that we should pay as much as the wrong ordered menu or just go to other restaurant. It was so ridiculous and we were so angry that we called for the owner and talked to her. The owner apologized to us and discounted to foods we ordered. There wasn't much time left for having lunch, so after all we had to eat there. It was the worst lunch I ever had, and it's of course because of the worst waitress.

3 comments:

  1. What a bad waitress! People like her shouldn't be working as a waitress with such an attitude.
    I would be upset too if I was in that situation.
    I think the whole paragraph is well organized but there is one sentence I would recommend you to erase. It is "Me and my friends ~ we went there to have a lunch." because this sentence is not necessary to understand your case.
    Good Writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the restaurant you went might not succeed because of waitress. I like your writing because it is simple and express well how bad your feeling. Howerver, introduction is little bit long. If you make short it, it would be better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think there are so many waiters and waitresses that aren't well equipped for the job. If there was any descriptions of the waitress that you could add, I would really like to see more of it. Anyways, good work :)

    ReplyDelete