Monday, April 2, 2012

Lee Sanghoon / Sense of Place - My room / Wed 11am

My Room in boarding house

 

   I'm from Busan, where is far from this university. So I'm living in a boarding house now. The house is on the hill towards Sinimun in the point of view from the university. Walking up about 5-10 minutes there is my boarding house. It is a three-story building. The landlord lives on the third floor, and the boarders lives on the first, on the second, and on the rooftop. My room is on the second, and there're two rooms on the second floor. Opening the door on the second floor, there is a small space that's supposed to be called a hallway. Brief tools compose the cooking chamber on the right side of the door, and there're a shoe shelf and a fridge on the left. In front is the bathroom. There's two doors on the right behind the cooking chamber. The first one is for me. The area of my room is about 3 square meters. The bed lies closely against the right side wall. There's a hanger on the feet of the bed. On the left side of the bed's head is the drawers for clothes, and the desk. The bookshelf without books is next to the desk. The window is visible when sitting on the chair of it. It's such a small space that two people can't stretch their body, but I'm satisfied living here because it's good to live alone.

3 comments:

  1. You wrote really specifically about your boarding house; way to get there, and the structure of your boarding house. It's well described so the readers could be well informed about your writing. However, I think if you had writen more about other senses, such as smell, hear, taste, and touch, it would be more interesting to read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your paragraph essay is really well-depicted. I can visualize your room and its structure. But I can't feel other senses as the previous student mentioned. How about adding colors or sense of touch in your essay? Like brown chair made of wood - it may improve your sense and also the reader's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your writing tells me that you are going to talk about your boarding house. You have details about how you get to your house and you describe so much about your place. But i wish you had described more specific such as size of the desk, smell of your room, how you feel about your room. I like the sentence 'it is such a small space that two people can't stretch their body' because I can actually imagine the size of your room.

    ReplyDelete