Friday, April 27, 2012

Sehee Hwang/Your Favorite Relative/Wed 11AM

My British Cousin

   My closest cousin lives in Manchester, England. His name is Woosup Shin. He was born in England but he speaks Korean very well because my aunt and uncle wanted him to speak Korean as well as English. What I like about him is that he has humorous personality. He laughs and jokes a lot. Sometimes he does something off the wall. For example, few years ago when he was visiting my family in Korea for several months, we were eating watermelon for dessert. We finished half of the watermelon together and I saw his eyes twinkling. He was looking at the leftover watermelon peel. He silently took it to the kitchen and made a mask with it. After few minutes, he showed up with the watermelon mask on his head and began to run around the house. Everybody was laughing out loud. On the other hand, he is a very sensitive and caring man. He knows that I like music and soccer so when he visits Korea, he buys music CDs or a soccer uniform of my favorite team, Manchester United. When he is in England, he often cooks for his family on holidays such as Christmas. Because of his kindness, warmth and humor, I am very sure that he would get so much love from many people around him including me and my family.

2 comments:

  1. I like your description of your cousin. Just by reading your writing I felt as if I met your cousin in person. The personal stories were very interesting. If I could make a suggestion, you could elaborate more on why he is your favorite cousin. Instead of focusing on your cousin, focus on the relationship that you two have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My closest cousin lives in Manchester, England. His name is Woosup Shin. He was born in England but he speaks Korean very well because my aunt and uncle wanted him to speak Korean as well as English. This is why I can have so much conversation with him without any problem. We talk a lot usually on the internet. He knows lots of Korean jokes. He always makes me and my family laugh. What I like about him is this humorous personality. He laughs and jokes a lot. Sometimes he does something off the wall. For example, few years ago when he was visiting my family in Korea for several months, we were eating a watermelon for dessert. After finishing the half of the watermelon, he made a mask with leftover watermelon peel and ran around the house. Everybody laughed out loud. On the other hand, he is a very sensitive and caring man. He knows that I like music and soccer so when he visits Korea, he buys music CDs or a soccer uniform of my favorite team, Manchester United for me. When he is in England, he often cooks for his family on holidays such as Christmas. Because of his kindness, warmth and humor, I am very sure that he would get so much love from many people around him including me and my family.

    ReplyDelete